If you are pregnant, it is time for you to start thinking about all the objects you will need when your child is born. The baby’s bathtub is one of them. Here are the features that it should have so you can choose the one that best suits your child’s needs.
Features of the baby bathtub!
- A good bathtub must be sturdy and stable. Both features provide the security to your child at the time of bathing.
- The shape of the bathtub It should be one that makes it easier for the baby’s position to be sitting or semi-sitting , that reduces the risk that the water can cover his head.
- It is essential that the bathtub does not have sharp edges that could harm the baby, so it is better to choose those that have rounded curvatures.
- The bathtub should also not have holes of a diameter that allow the child’s finger to be introduced , as well as spaces between the different elements.
Types of baby bathtub!
If you are still in doubt what your baby’s bathtub should look like, we present different types of bathtub and some tips that will guide you when buying it.
- Traditional. These bathtubs are simple and can easily set on any flat and horizontal surface. They have no legs and are usually plastic, small and economical.
- Bath-changing table There are changing rooms that also serve as a bathtub. These types of objects are usually large and somewhat expensive, although there are also folding models.
- Travel tub There are inflatable or folding bathtubs, specially designed for when the family goes on a trip.
- Bathtub over tub. These types of baby bathtubs are placed in adult bathtubs. Its best attributes are that they save space and have an easy filling and emptying system. It is usual for bathtubs of this type to include a kind of adjustable stand for large bathtubs.
The importance of your child’s comfort!
Keep in mind that the baby should never be alone in the bathtub to avoid slipping . To avoid such accidents, it is very useful to place a mat or a non-slip system.
Today there are many options, from foam rubber figures with different shapes that prevent the baby from slipping to small hammocks and rings. These supports are very useful for bathing the baby during the phase in which he still cannot stand on his own.
Also, when you bathe your child you should be very attentive to the water temperature. Be sure to fill the bathtub first with cold water and then with hot water. Once it is warm, you can put your child. It is important that it is not very hot, since your skin is very delicate, nor very cold, so that the bathroom is pleasant. It is recommended that it is about 35 degrees.
Increase house security measures!
When a baby arrives at home, safety measures must be reinforced . That means leaving cutting objects, cosmetics and medicines out of reach. Similarly, it is advisable to unplug all electrical appliances such as the hair dryer, the shaver or the epilator. In addition, it is important to protect the plugs with some protectors.
Finally, don’t forget to close the toilet lid after use , because young children often throw objects or put their hands inside it, which is very dangerous. Its also important to always keep the soil dry, so you will not run the risk of slipping and harming yourself.
Aspects to take care of
If you need to buy a bathtub and you are overwhelmed by the amount of offers that are offered to you, it is good that you decide on polypropylene, since this material, besides being resistant, does not deform with time . Also, you need to look at its structure and make sure that it adapts perfectly to the space you have prepared at home. Finally, the shape of it must be anatomical, so that the child does not slip and can be in a good position.
Remember that your baby’s bath should always be a special moment for both of you . Choosing the right baby bath will help him to enjoy and relax before going to sleep.