Tips To Remember Before Bathing your Baby
Baby bath, besides being necessary for hygiene, can be one of the funniest moments of the day and in which you can improve communication with your baby please remember these tips before bathing your baby. At the end of the day, can there be a better combination in the world than a little warm water and the pampering of dad and mom? If your baby had learned to speak, he would surely answer no.
Most parents, and even more if they are first-timers, usually scare the idea of submerging their little one in the water. It is logical that this happens because the baby’s skin often becomes slippery in contact with the soap. To avoid the frights with the baby’s bath we will try to guide you before launching yourselves fully into this task
The best practices :
To make sure that everything goes well, first of all, try to prepare the room where you will bath the baby. Everything you need throughout the bath should be within reach because when you are bathing and later when dressing, you shouldn’t leave the baby alone for a second.
Remember that a child can be drowned in a few centimeters of water or turn around on the table to change in just a few seconds so it is best not to get lost. If the phone rings, for example, you’ll let it ring: If it’s important, they’ll call again. And if you forgot something in another room of the house it would be better if you take the baby with yourself just yo avoid any bad situation while leaving him alone in the bathtub.
Baby’s bath: what do I need?
The elements that you will need for your baby’s bath will be basically the following: soft liquid soap, a towel or a bathrobe, a sponge, diapers, a hairbrush, cotton underwear, and clean clothes.
Once you have all the prepared material you need to fill the water tub. Before introducing your little one into it, always check the water temperature (around 37 ° C with the back of the hand, the elbow or with a bath thermometer.) Never carry out these checks with the palm of the hand as it is usually a little insensitive to temperature, the water will be perfect as long as you don’t feel cold or hot.
Step by Step Process:
- After doing all these things try to undress the child then you will proceed to undress the child by cleaning his little butt first to avoid dirtying the water.
- Using a sponge or a soft wipe, You can completely soak the baby from the face down, insisting especially on the folds of the body.
- Later, you can introduce the child to the water. To prevent the baby from slipping pass a hand under the armpit holding the head with the arm.
- At the end of the bath, try to rinse your hands perfectly before taking the baby out of the water. Otherwise, it could run off as if it were a soap bar.
- When you have the child outside, try to wrap him quickly with a towel, beginning to dry his head with gentle strokes without rubbing the skin.
- After, continue with the back of the ears and the folds of the neck. Finally, perform the same process with the extremities, buttocks, and armpits of your little one.
- And as a finishing touch, what better than a few caresses and massages. This type of contact, offered with softness and a lot of tenderness is, with all certainty, the ideal end to a good bath … especially if the one who offers the massages is father or mother.
Indispensable for baby bath :
In addition to bathing the child every day you should try to change it four to six times throughout the day.
- On each occasion, try to clean the buttocks with a damp cloth or cotton soaked with warm water and mild liquid soap.
- Before undressing the child, try to prepare the toilet room properly. If you don’t it according to the needs of the child (between 22º and 25º C), it is most likely that it will end up being cured.
- Once the child feels confident and at ease in the water, you can put a little water onto his face in order to splash. In this way, you will not only have a little fun but you will also relax with this pleasant exercise.
- Do not stop monitoring the child constantly during the bath. You must remember that children can drown in just a few centimeters of water so it is better to avoid situations of risk.
- It is advisable to wait until the navel of the child falls before submerging it in the bath water. It will only be a few days (between six and ten days) and thus you can avoid complications.
- When you are going to rinse the child try to open the tap of the cold water before the hot water tap. In this way, you can prevent the child from being burned in hot water if it is not properly regulated.
Do I need a bathtub to bath my baby?
Obviously, acquiring a bathtub can make things a lot easier when bathing your little one, but not everyone has large spaces at home. Precisely for this reason, in these cases, you can always resort to the rigid plastic tub shaped bar that is much smaller and that can be used within the family bathtub perfectly.
Another very useful option is to use the sink. Especially during the first months is where you can bath the child there are many bathtubs which are specially designed to bath your baby in a sink.
After some time, you can move to the family bathtub and even acquire the typical seat with sticky legs so that the child can splash without falling to one side or another of the bathtub.